Turning Point offers fingerprinting services processed with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for pre-employment, licensure, or legal name changes.
Our Fort Collins office is located at:
1644 S College Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80525
Please note that you must bring one of the following acceptable forms of identification:
- A valid Colorado driver’s license or valid identification card issued by the Colorado Department of Revenue (Note: documents issued to not lawfully present and temporarily lawfully present individuals under part 5 of Article 2 of Title 42, C.R.S. are not acceptable forms of identification.)
- A valid State ID Card (or outlying possession of the US with seal or logo from State Agency, Federal ID Card with seal or logo from Federal Agency)
- Commercial Driver’s license permit issued by State or outlying possession of the U.S.
- Commercial Driver’s license issued by a State or outlying possession of the U.S.
- Paper/temporary Driver’s License issued by State or outlying possession of the U.S.
- Valid U.S. passport, foreign passport, passport book or card
- Valid U.S. military identification card,
- Permanent resident card/green card (I-551),
- Enhanced tribal card (ETC).
A Brief History of Colorado CBI Fingerprinting (CABS)
Following Senate Bill 17-189, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation is implementing a new, Statewide digital fingerprinting process known as CABS (Colorado Applicant Background Services). As one of the vendors selected by CBI to implement the CABS program, Colorado Fingerprinting has been approved to replace the current paper-and-ink fingerprinting process (performed by local law enforcement) with a state-of-the-art digital fingerprinting program that transmits fingerprints directly to CBI through a secure, online connection.
In choosing Colorado Fingerprinting for digital fingerprinting as part of the CABS program, the background check processing will be faster, fingerprint rejections will occur significantly less, and the process will be of great convenience to the people of Colorado.