Adolescent Day Treatment Program
Turning Point’s Day Treatment Program is designed to provide treatment and support for youth ages 10 to 21. It is for those whose behavior or circumstances need intensive intervention, but who don’t require the 24-hour care of a residential program. Treatment objectives vary depending on the needs of each youth, but they may include the following:
- Keep youth secure and protected from harm.
- Move youth into stable, nurturing, and permanent living environments, and, when appropriate, retain connections with the family and community.
- Protect youth from abuse, neglect, or maltreatment.
- Re-establish family stability, if appropriate.
- Help youth to successfully emancipate from their families, if appropriate.
- Minimize the length and number of placements to help establish a healthy, permanent living environment for each youth.
- Help youth make a solid transition back into the public school system.
The program is licensed by the Colorado Department of Human Services to serve male and female youth ages 10-21.
Day Treatment provides the following year-round services:
- 30 hours of education per week [link to Academic Programs – Families]
- Weekly individual therapy
- Weekly in-home therapy
- Weekly drug and alcohol group
- Weekly skills group to help change patterns of behavior that cause self-harm
- Weekly community Narcotics Anonymous meetings
- Daily recreation activities
- Vocational education
If you believe your child would benefit from our day treatment program, please contact us. [link to Contact – Families page]
Turning Point Insurance and Payment Options [link to Insurance and Payment]