For Referral Agencies
Turning Point’s Adolescent Day Treatment Program is one of our behavioral and substance abuse treatment programs designed to provide therapeutic support to youth ages 10 and up in the least restrictive and most appropriate setting to achieve the following:
- Keep children secure and protected from harm.
- Enable progression toward stable, nurturing, and permanent living environments, and, when appropriate, enable family continuity and community connectedness.
- Eliminate ongoing abuse, neglect, or maltreatment.
- Protect youth and the community.
- Re-establish family stability, if appropriate.
- Help youth to emancipate successfully, if appropriate.
- Minimize the length and number of placements to facilitate a healthy, permanent living environment for youth.
- Work with youth to create a solid transition back to the public school system, if applicable.
The program is located in Greeley, Colorado and is licensed by the Colorado Department of Human Services to serve male and female youth ages 10-21.
Day Treatment provides the following year-round services:
- 30 hours of education per week approved by the Colorado Department of Education
- Individual therapy
- In-home therapy
- Drug and alcohol group
- Skills group based on the DBT model
- Community NA meetings
- Daily recreation activities
- Vocational education
Evidence-Based Practices in day treatment substance abuse treatment programs include:
- Pathways to Self-Discovery and Change
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Positive Behavior Support (PBS)